These drawings by DeviantArt user CAMERON1395 show what would happen if Yoshi was a real dinosaur… It’s probably true…
This is awesome a stop motion Legend of Zelda based on the first dungeon of the first game but with elements of all the Zelda games in it.
There is even a making of video which shows you just how crazy this is…
I haven’t got a Scoobie-Doo who Thor Harris is apart from a quick glimpse at his sparse Wikipedia page which implies he’s been in the band Shearwater for 10 years…
I do like this list though:
How to Tour in a Band or Whatever
by Thor Harris
1-Don’t Complain. Bitching, moaning, whining is tour cancer. If something is wrong fix it or shut the fuck up you fucking dick. goddamn.
2-If you fart, claim it.
3-Don’t Lose shit. Everybody loses shit. Don’t fucking do it. Asshole.
4-Don’t fuck anyone in the band. There are tons of people to fuck who are not in this band. Dumbass.
5-If you feel like shit all the time, drink less beer at the gig. You will play better & feel better. What are you… a child? Some have the endurance for self abuse. Most don’t.
6-Remember the soundman’s name. He will do a better job.
7- Eat oranges. Cures constipation & prevents colds.
8-Masturbate. Duh… Where & when? Be creative. You’re an artist right?
9-If YOU can’t carry your suitcase 3 blocks, it’s too goddamn big.
10-Respect public space in the van. Don’t clutter, you Fuck.
11-If you borrow something, return it. Not Fucked Up.
12-Do not let the promoter dick you or talk you out of the guarantee. If there were not enuf people there, it’s their fault.
13- Driver picks the music.
14-One navigator only (usually sitting shotgun). Everyone else shut the fuck up.
15-Soundcheck is for checking sounds. Shut the fuck up while everyone else is checking.
16-Don’t wander off. Let someone know where you are.
17-Clean up after yourself. What are you… a goddamn toddler?
18-Touring makes everyone bi-polar. Ride the waves as best you can and remember, moods pass. So don’t make any snap decisions or declarations when you are drunk or insane.
19-Fast food is Poison.
20-The guestlist is for friends, family & people you might want to fuck. Everyone else can pay. They have day jobs.
21- Don’t evaluate your whole life while you’re sitting in a janitor closet waiting to go on. You think you’re above having shitty days at work? Shut up & do your goddamn job.
This list was written under the influence of lots of esspresso & anti-depressants while on tour w/ such greats as Shearwater, Swans, Smog, Lisa Germano, Angels of Light, Bill Callahan & many more. I hope this list will help you get along w/ your co-workers whatever your job is. Contributions to the list by Jordan Geiger, Kimberly Burke, Brian Orloff, Brian Phillips Celebrity Gang Bang, Kevin Schneider, Jonathan Meiburg, Michael Gira and some other folks.
Thanks for not being an asshole, Thor Harris
Apparently my theme doesn’t handle ordered lists so I’ve had to fudge the list the make it more readable….
I saw this and in the run up to NaNoWriMo I thought I’d run through the list.
1. I don’t really do lists, why does this count as something that makes you more creative? Lists of what!!!!
2. I used to carry a notebook everywhere, i kept on losing the note books. Now I have a notes application on my phone. It’s synchronized with the internet so my notes don’t go missing.
3. I assume free writing is just writing what comes to your mind, I do that here far too often… I guess I could do it more with a little more focus though…
4. Noooooooooooooooo…. Okay maybe this is a good idea, I think disconnecting from the internet is just as good an idea though…
5. What the hell does this mean? Host a seance? Try and have an out of body experience? I’m calling bull on this item…
6. No, I like it, I’m crap which is why I strive to be better.
7. My life is a break… I guess every now and then you have to walk away to get some perspective though.
8. Check, and everywhere else, as my workmates will attest…
9. I’m on my 5th cup of the day and it’s only half 10…
10. I think I know my roots, I guess I could know more. Is this supposed to mean you actual roots or your creative roots? Damn you vague list for being vague!
11. Last FM that is all I’m going to say. I’ve pretty much stopped listening to music any other way when I’m at work. I’ve never heard of any of the artist I listen to.
12. Does writing this this count as being open?
13. Creative people annoy this shit out of me? Or is that people who think they are creative? I’m not sure… True story I went to a party a while back where there were a bunch of “artists”, bunch of self important anti social so and sos kept on talking loudly about really obscure crap to do with their field and excluded everyone else at the party. I guess it’s okay when you have something in common with them…
14 You can read a lot of my writing on this blog… I even have a writing section… Gies feedback!
15. I’ve tried to start a writing group but it fell apart because everyone is so busy, must try again…
16. I’m about to put myself through 30 days of mental anguish in the form of NaNoWriMo…
17. I try to make the time to practice but it’s hard, I must try harder to try harder…
18. Everything I do is a mistake… I accept this.
19. Glasgow, China, Egypt, South Africa, Zambia, Japan… Oh you mean more local? I guess I could try going to a different place to write. Recently I’ve tried writing in different coffee shops. I quite like Big Mouth Coffee Company.
20. I really enjoy foreign films, don’t watch enough, need to rectify this. Irritatingly I found a channel on Sky that did nothing but foreign films then sky replaced it the next week… I was sad… True story…
21. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9… Okay… Moving on…
22. When am i supposed to find time to rest… Sleep is for the weak!
23. Like diving in front of buses so you can sue the bus company for medical costs?
24. There are rules… (I was tempted to mimic the typographical breaking of the rules that this does on the original list, but that would be conformist of me)
25. Roger. Eat lots of burgers….
26. I’m afraid I can’t do that Dave… I’m going to have to force myself when it comes to NaNoWriMo, that’s the nature of the beast.
27. I used to do this all the time, I have a 1979 edition of the Oxford concise dictionary back home, I used to open it up and a random page and read it. Also the encyclopedia Britannica.Now I have the 1920 Oxford Concise Dictionary.
28. For writing? Not sure what to do here?
29. I’m not anyone’s perfect, not even my own, I know this.
30. See 2, My Catch Notes account is chock full of ideas. I also have an entire Category of my blog dedicated to story ideas…
31. No No No No. Maybe. I need to tidy up my study.
32. I am.
33. I’ll try, I guess I just have.
Via Laura Kane.
I must be losing it… I didn’t realise this was a Portal reference for a full 10 minutes…
Warning this blog post is highly inflammatory… And a bit of a rant….
I saw this on my Tumbr feed and it got me thinking about something that’s been annoying me for a while….
Think Twice About Becoming Vegan…
In today’s trendy artsy world, more and more young people are becoming vegan every single day. The reason most of these people become vegan is for the protection and welfare of animals. They encourage vegan meals, no meat, cheese, dairy, eggs etc. What most vegans do not realise is that there is a dirty underworld to the growing and manufacturing of this disgusting world trade that is kept well hidden from society.
Above is a picture taken in Indonesia of a carrot being prepared and slaughtered. The carrots are first skinned, then drowned, and can be eaten raw or are cooked in boiling water.
Also above is a disturbing picture of potatoes being ripped from their home. The preparation is the same as the carrots.
Bananas grow together in a herd. When they ripen, they are stolen from their family, and whilst they are still alive their skin is peeled back and their entire body is usually in eaten in about 6 bites.
In all honesty I think Veganism is stupid, it’s actually bad for you, any diet that requires you to take dietary supplements to remain healthy is just wrong. I’m not too hot on vegetarianism either, but if you chose not to eat meat then that is your problem more meat for me.
I don’t care what your basis for being vegetarian is unless you don’t like the taste of meat then it’s just pointlessly cutting items out of your diet, we evolved as omnivours, our digestive system is built to process meat.
I’ve heard people argue that if we want to eat meat we should be involved in the process of rearing it, and killing it. That’s complete bull crap… Do you know how much meat there is on a cow? Apparently a cow that weighed 1348 pounds yields 757 pounds of usable meat… That would mean that ever time I wanted a quarter-pounder I’d be wasting 756.75 pounds of meat! That’s just stupid! Even if I froze all the meat that I got from my cow it would have rotted by the time I got around to eating it. The way things are the meat gets used up and isn’t wasted.
Also one of the main reasons that we evolved culture, art, and science is because we delegated producing our food to a small subset of society, they busy themselves producing food for us, which gives the rest of us time to stop and think.
SO… If your basis for not eating meat is that you disagree with people farming and think that in order to be able to justify eating meat one should have reared and killed the animals themselves, please stop listening to music, stop appreciating art, stop reading, refuse to take medicine, don’t watch TV, get off your computer. They are all the products of people who had the free time to do things other than constantly wonder about hunting for animals to kill and eat.
What gets me is people who object to eating meat on moral grounds but own pets and are quite happy to feed their pets meat, don’t they realise that the food they feed their cats/dogs is meat that has been reared to be eaten? It’s probably the least ethically sourced meat in the world, for all I know they actively torture the cows that make the beef that my cats eat. But cats have to eat meat, they actually can’t be vegetarian because they will die…
In conclusion: if you don’t approve of eating meat you hate kittens. How could you hate kittens?
Eat meat think of the kittens…